April 21, 2010

Chocolate Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins















Ingredients:
1 11.5 oz bag of bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter (melted)

Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Combine the cream cheese, 1/4 of the sugar, and one egg in a bowl and beat it until it'll tell you anything you want to know. Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Combine them. Melt half of the chocolate and fold in along with the unmelted half. Distribute among 12-18 greased muffin papers, then top with the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.

For the future: Next time I want to not mix the batter nearly as well after adding the chocolate and give it a marbled texture. That should complement the cream cheese nicely. And of course, it's pizza night. I put some whole wheat in the dough this time, I can't wait to see how it turns out, although I'm out of my element using my parents' oven.

No post tomorrow since I have a train ride back to Mass. I'm thinking of doing cinnamon buns soon, although I might do a bread or something first since so far I only have sweets on here.

2 comments:

  1. Those look incredible.

    I see myself becoming very rotund in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going on my "things to make" list

    ReplyDelete